A Better Today
What to Bring
to Rehab List
ABTRS Drug and Alcohol Treatment Packing List
You are about to embark on a journey of self-discovery. It is okay to be nervous and anxious about going into rehab. At this point in your life, drugs and alcohol have become a norm if not the main focus of your lifestyle. ABTRS is about to change all of that and awaken you to your full potential.
To adequately prepare you for your time in treatment we’ve created a comprehensive list of what to bring as well as requirements of certain items. Please read the list in it’s entirety.
Thank you for trusting us at ABTRS with your recovery journey.
ABTRS’s List of What to Bring for Substance Abuse Treatment
- Clothes for Approximately 7 – 10 days. Storage space is limited so please do not bring an excessive amount of clothing
- Clothing should be casual and comfortable but must meet dress code policy
No revealing clothing i.e. short skirts, short shorts, low cut shirts, spaghetti straps, all shirts must cover the shoulders. The only exception would be gym clothing, only allowed at the gym
- Fitness/workout clothes
- Tennis shoes are required and other comfortable shoes are recommended
- Females can bring 1 one piece swim suit when seasonally appropriate
- Jackets and/or sweaters for cold weather and air-conditioned group room
- Hats and sunglasses are allowed but can only be worn outside
ABTRS’s Drug & Alcohol Rehab Prepares You for a Full-filling Life
- Personal toiletry items, including toothbrush, toothpaste. shavers, brushes, hair products, skin care items, sunscreen, hairspray, gel, etc. (all toiletry items MUST BE alcohol free)
- Appropriate reading material (novels are allowed although recovery related books are recommended)
- Stationary and Stamps if you want to write letters to family members and friends while you are in treatment
- Notepads and writing instruments
- If you smoke and are planning on bringing cigarettes they must be in a sealed box
- Phone numbers and address of any family or friends that you would like to be involved in your treatment
- Any prescription medication that is prescribed to the client MUST have the original label from the pharmacy on the bottle
- The names, address and contact information of any health care professional that is currently involved in your treatment
- Driver’s license, passport, or state issued photo ID
See our admissions page for more information
Find A Better Way With
A Better Today Recovery Services
- AHCCCS/ Medicaid Rehab Available
- Most Private Insurance Accepted
ABTRS Makes the Recovery Decision Easy
Connecting You With Addiction Care
We can help you find drug and alcohol treatment that suits your needs, whether locally or nationwide.
From the first phone consultation, we make your privacy our number one concern. There’s no judgment, just help and answers.
To help guide you in the right direction on finding life saving treatment for you or someone you love.